Cindi's Egg Rolls
A nice egg roll recipe to try !
* 1 pound ground pork
* 4 cups shredded cabbage
* 1 large carrot, shredded
* 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 3 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 quart oil for frying
* 1 1/2 (14 ounce) packages egg roll wrappers
* 1 1/2 cups sweet and sour sauce
1. Cook pork in a large wok over medium-high heat. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, carrot, green bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, soy sauce, and molasses until smooth.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok. Stir in cabbage mixture in batches, cooking each batch 3 to 4 minutes, just until tender. Return vegetables to bowl, and mix in pork. Stir in the cornstarch mixture.
4. Heat 1 quart oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
5. Place about 1 tablespoon filling on each egg roll wrapper. Fold one corner of wrapper over filling. Fold wrapper sides over filling. Roll wrappers to form egg rolls.
6. Fry egg rolls in batches in the hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with sweet and sour sauce. The egg roll recipe is ready to serve ! Enjoy !